Thursday, May 26, 2005

Heavy Rains

Yesterday really a very different experience. When I started from office at around 8:45PM, there was no rain. It started drizzling half way through. The traffic was so bad that, at the 16th main signal in BTM Layout, I had to stand at the signal 3 times before I could pass it. When I first approached the 16th main signal, it was drizzling slowly, but then suddenly it started pouring heavily, very heavily. I was not even wearing my usual jacket. So, I was completely drenched by the time I passed the BTM layout 16th main signal. If that was just it, it would have been ok. But it was more to come. The downpour became heavier & heavier. By the time I reached the Bannerghatta fly-over, the water on road was well over 3 feet. Even if I was sitting on my bike, the water level was, at places, till my knee.. The water level was high not just at the fly-over, but till my house. If the water level was any higher, I would have to swim on my bike!!!

Even in this relentless downpour, I did not consider taking shelter at some place on the way as I was already completely wet. Riding in such heavy rains with so much water all around was an experience you rarely get. Finally when I reached home at 9:20PM, not only was I full wet, but my shoes & my bag were completely filled with water.. To top it all, there was no power. The power was restored only at around 11 PM in the night. We had candle light dinner..

No comments: