Thursday, January 05, 2006

No post for a long time

A few weeks ago, I wrote a long post. I was also installing some software at the same time. And the installer rebooted my system closing everything. The post that I composed for almost an hour was lost. Just like that! After that, I lost my enthusiasm in blogging.

Don't you feel the posts we start to create must be saved (as draft) automatically every minute or two? GMail already has this feature. You start composing the mail & the content is saved every minute or so, so that even if your browser crashes or you lose your internet connection, your composition will be stored as Drafts. Blogger.com should come up with a similar feature... After all, blogger is owned by google itself..

1 comment:

brilliantnut said...

Blogger has this feature since a long time, long before gmail had it.

There is a recover post button on the compose post page. However, I don't think that your lost blog will be available now that you've posted another blog entry. But I've been able to salvage parts of a long blog using this feature.

Yes its demoralizing when this happens. I felt the same way, because even though I was able to recover some part, a large part of the blog was lost. But then again, shit happens.